Industrial Injury Lawyers
Industrial Injury Lawyers in Cleveland, OH
Employees who work in an industrial setting risk their safety and health each day on the job. That’s because industrial work environments contain more hazards and injury risks than the average workplace. The setting is often so dangerous that accidents still occur with numerous safety regulations in place and even when workers protect their heads, eyes, ears, and other appendages. As a result, employers must ensure their employees have a safe work environment to reduce the likelihood of industrial accidents occurring.
Although employers must follow federal and state regulations, they often don’t fulfill these requirements, and people get hurt. Serious and catastrophic injuries or even wrongful death can result from industrial accidents, and while companies are required to provide injured workers with workers’ compensation benefits, the laws for Ohio workers’ compensation limit the amount of damages that these suits may be able to cover.
Top Rated Industrial Accident Attorney Cleveland, Ohio
At Joseph Law Group, we understand the challenges that many people face after Ohio industrial accidents. That’s why our Cleveland personal injury lawyers want to work with you and help you recover the compensation you and your family need to account for the physical injuries, lost wages, and medical expenses you suffered as a result of the accident.
What is an Industrial Accident?
Any workplace accident that causes injury to an employee is an industrial accident. Though many people think this type of accident occurs at factories, plants, and the like, these accidents may happen to people working in any profession.
Examples Of Industrial Accidents
Industrial accidents happen in various work environments. This includes oilfield drilling rigs, warehouses, mines, mills, refineries, construction sites, and more. These accidents may involve incidents like explosions, fires, or accidents with heavy machinery.
People injured on the job are entitled to file a legal claim for their damages through workers’ compensation. In some cases where a third party is at fault, workers can file both workers’ compensation and a personal injury claim. Claims may arise from any workplace accident. Some of the more common industrial accidents include:
- Ladder and scaffolding falls
- Injuries received from heavy machinery and equipment
- Legs, arms, or fingers that are smashed or severed
- Chemical burns
- Closed head injuries, such as traumatic brain injury
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Smoke or toxic fume inhalation
- Toxic exposure
- A slip and fall accident
- Poor maintenance or supervision
- OSHA violations
- Injuries from inadequate safety equipment
- Dangerous job tasks or work conditions
If you have been injured in any kind of accident, you deserve a trustworthy lawyer who will fight hard for you. The industry accident claim attorneys at Joseph Law Group have a reputation for getting superb results for our clients.
What Causes an Industrial Accident?
Some workplaces may be dangerous settings or involve inherently hazardous work. This is especially true if it is an industrial environment. Many factors may lead to a worker getting hurt, from incorrectly lifting heavy objects to improperly handling harmful chemicals or materials. Below, we’ll outline some of the more common workplace accidents stemming from environmental hazards, mechanical hazards, and human error.
Environmental Causes of Accidents
In these cases, the work environment itself causes accidents to occur. The factors contributing to an accident may be artificial (like poor workplace design) or natural. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Low visibility or poor lighting – This may cause workplace injuries such as trips, slips, falls or equipment accidents.
- Ambient temperature – A too-cold environment may lead to hypothermia or frostbite, while a too-hot workplace may cause employees to overheat.
- Air pollution – A workplace with air pollution or poor ventilation may cause breathing issues and respiratory conditions in employees.
- Sound pollution – Workers’ hearing can be damaged by loud sounds or high noise levels in a workplace.
Mechanical Causes of Industrial Accidents
Equipment or machine breakdown or failure are mechanical causes of industrial accidents. These accidents are often preventable when proper safety procedures are in place and equipment is regularly maintained.
Industrial accidents often occur because of the following mechanical causes:
- Broken or defective machine – If a manufacturer uses sub-standard metal for equipment, parts may easily become damaged or broken.
- Power failure – Power failures may lead to accidents when equipment suddenly shuts down or the lights go out.
- Explosion or fire – An explosion or mechanical fire can start from something as small as a spark or a cooling failure.
- Wear and tear – Machine parts begin to wear down with age and use. This leads to an increased risk of an accident.
Accidents Due to Human Error
Accidents directly related to the negligent actions of a worker, employer, or another individual are those that are caused by human error. Industrial accidents frequently involve the following human errors:
- Poor housekeeping – A dirty or unmaintained workspace may cause trips, slips, or falls or the breakdown of potentially dangerous machines or equipment.
- Fatigue and stress – A tired worker is more likely to be involved in an accident. Tired and stressed workers are more easily distracted or otherwise do not pay attention at all, which may lead to workplace-related injuries.
- Overexertion – The most common type of injury in the workplace is an overexertion injury. This happens when a worker lifts something too heavy or simply does more work than their body can handle.
- Dehydration – The body does not function properly without enough water. This is especially important for workers whose job tasks are performed mainly outdoors or require plenty of manual labor.
- Improper lifting – Workers who don’t use proper lifting techniques can suffer shoulder injuries and lower back strain often.
Common Industrial Accident Injuries
Workers in factories, oilfields, mills, and other risky environments may be severely hurt or even killed in an industrial accident. Often, these accidents occur when employers or third parties operate in a dangerous manner to either save time or cut expenses.
Industrial accidents can lead to relatively minor injuries or to life-threatening and even fatal injuries. Some of the more common industrial accident injuries we see in victims here at Joseph Law Group include:
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Vision or hearing loss
- Traumatic brain injury
- Orthopedic trauma, such as broken bones
- Occupational illnesses resulting from poor work conditions
These traumatic injuries could require ongoing treatment that can cost upward of hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. An industrial accident lawyer at Joseph Law Group ensures you get the compensation you need to pay for your medical care.
Workers’ Compensation for Industrial Injury
Most industrial workers in Cleveland’s salary and medical bills are covered by workers’ compensation benefits when they’re injured. If your injuries are due to employer negligence, workers’ compensation laws may make it hard to sue your employer for your damages. The industrial accident attorneys at Joseph Law Group understand this limitation in the law.
In other cases, sometimes a third party may be liable for the accident and damages. For example, you might have the right to seek compensation for your injuries if a defective tool or piece of equipment, sub-contractor, delivery driver, or another third party caused your workplace accident. It’s extremely important that you get legal representation to ensure you receive maximum damages for your personal injury claim.
The experienced industrial injury lawyers at Joseph Law Group conduct a thorough investigation to identify the responsible parties. We can ensure that you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you’re entitled to as well as hold the responsible third party liable for your injuries.
How Can a Lawyer Help with an Industry Accident Claim?
Investigations into industrial accidents are long, complex, and demand a law practice’s full attention, resources, and years of acquired skills every step of the way. Joseph Law Group is ready to do the heavy lifting on your workers’ compensation claim and personal injury claim, if applicable. Our knowledge about and experience with an industry accident claim is unrivaled. When one legal case may determine a client’s future, we put all of our time and effort into getting the best results possible for that client.
Call the Cleveland Workers’ Comp Attorneys at Joseph Law Group Today
Across Ohio, workers in various professions put their health and safety on the line every day. We all depend on and appreciate the work they do. As such, these workers deserve the safest work conditions possible. Unfortunately, despite the rules and regulations set by OSHA to create safer work environments, accidents will continue to happen.
If you suffered work-related injuries in an industrial accident, please contact a Cleveland industrial injury lawyer at Joseph Law Group right away. Your accident attorney can help establish the cause of the accident, whether it be poor safety procedures, malfunctioning equipment, or safety policy violations, and ensure you receive proper workers’ comp benefits and hold any third-party legally responsible for your injuries, if necessary.
In addition to industrial accident claims, our Cleveland, Ohio law firm regularly takes on various other case types, including Cleveland motor vehicle accidents, Cleveland dog bite injuries, Cleveland medical malpractice, and more. Plus, we don’t charge any upfront fees because we work on a contingency basis. That means we don’t get paid until you get paid.
Please call Joseph Law Group for a free consultation about your workers’ compensation claim and/or personal injury claim. You can reach us at (216) 369-6220 to get started on your industry accident claim today.
Let's Talk About Your Case
The insurance industry is built on the avoidance of making any payments on claims. They see claims as liabilities, and initially deny, defend, and delay a claim to limit that liability and save money for the company. Ultimately, it is the job of the attorneys at Joseph Law Group to advocate on behalf of our clients and to give the insurance companies and adjusters enough reason to pay an amount of money that is fair under all circumstances. When you hire Joseph Law Group to represent your claim, you are getting a full-service team of dedicated attorneys and paralegals who will be committed to pursuing the best outcome for you from day one until trial.